Sunday, January 18, 2009

What's Up In The World Of Maggie

Currently Reading: Nothing (sad isn't it?)
Currently Listening to: The Veronicas

I heard from a very reliable source that the revisions on my first chapter were positive and on the right track to bring the book in a slightly different direction. What, you may ask, is the direction I'm going for? Well I've been told that my MC is too introspective. Her internal conversations are making the book a quiet read, instead of the fun, fast story it was meant to be. And as such I'm revising again.

If you read my last entry you'd know that I was reading The Luxe. After getting through about 50 pages I put it down and haven't picked it back up. I'm not sure why exactly. It's not terrible, in fact, from what I read it has great promise. I think I've simply been too busy and the characters didn't grab my interest fast enough.

I've discovered recently that I quite like being an Accountant. It's not dry and boring like one might suppose (most of the time). I enjoy seeing what the company spends money on...it's a window into the world of insanity.

My wedding is now only 9 months away. Gah! I need to plan, plan, plan, starting with going to a trainer tomorrow. My body has to have some serious fine tuning before I walk down the aisle. Especially if I want to fit into one of these dresses:

6 comments:

Jill Wheeler said...

Gorgeous gowns, but I'm glad I don't have to fit into them!

Kiersten White said...

Oh, gorgeous dresses! I like the second one the best.

Good luck with the revisions--it sounds like you're on the right track!

Maggie said...

Jill, I love them too, but fitting into them is a serious worry! But hey you have to look gorgeous on your wedding day right?

Kiersten, the second one is really cool isn't it? It's different. Some women insist on a completely white dress but I'm not one of them. Thanks for the good wishes, I can always use them!

cindy said...

they are beautiful! you will look lovely, maggie! you are gorgeous as is! and who is this reliable source? did you get a good beta or are you keeping secrets? =D so glad to know you are on track!!!

Maggie said...

Cindy, I prefer to keep my reliable source shrouded in mystery. That way I leave everyone wondering, "Is it J.K. Rowling, or that bum I saw on the street yesterday?"

cindy said...

maggie--haha! i have all respect for reliable sources and their secret identities--as long as you keep sharing pretty bridal dresses with us. =d