Sunday, December 14, 2008

As Promised

An update!

First things first...I am no longer a client of ABLA. Jennifer and I separated amicably, and I'm still confident in my novel.
So I'm currently in the market for an agent :)

I got The Tudors in the mail a few days ago, but I haven't touched it yet. I actually took the time recently to watch the first season of Veronica Mars. I loved it. Kristin Bell is adorable, and her character is surprisingly likable. She has quite a few memorable quips. Throughout the first season she is trying to solve the murder of her best friend Lily and there are a number of twists and turns (including possible incest). The identity of the murderer was a bit of a shock to me. Maybe I'm just blind when it comes to mysteries. Anyway I'd really reccomend the show. It was highly entertaining. I think if you liked the first two seasons of Buffy you'd like Veronica Mars. I can't wait to see the second season...The Tudors may have to wait a while longer.

I've worked a bit on my second novel, adding more backstory to my two main characters. But as you can tell from my word count meter it's slow going.

On February 2nd I will begin covering the Accountant's position at my job. He's leaving for 4 to 6 months for spinal surgery. I'm both nervous and excited, mostly nervous though. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I need all I can get just about now.

11 comments:

Kiersten White said...

I'm sorry about your agent, Maggie. That has to be a little frustrating. Still, like you said, you're confident in your book and you already got one agent with it! Good luck with the querying.

Jill Wheeler said...

LOVE The Tudors!

Also, sorry about your agent, and I hope you'll find the perfect match soon! I'm rooting for you!

Maggie said...

Thanks guys. It is somewhat frustrating but I'm hoping good things will come my way soon. I'm glad to have your support!

Jewel Allen said...

Whoa. Sorry to hear this. If you don't mind my asking, what happened?

Maggie said...

Hi Pink Ink :) I don't mind your question. I'd be curious too if I'd read it on another person's blog. This is my answer: We parted in good spirits and I would recommend Jennifer to other people. She's professional and honest.

Maggie said...

P.S. Sorry my answer is kind of a cop-out :D

Jewel Allen said...

Hey, that's cool. I think YOU are being professional about it, too. :-) Good luck!

Jewel Allen said...

PS I came by from AW btw and had an ms considered by someone from their agency, too...

Maggie said...

Pink Ink, do they still have your manuscript? Good luck if they do. And thanks for the professional comment :).

Jewel Allen said...

Jamie passed on it, but very nice about it. Am currently revising my ms so I can requery somewhere else soon. :-)

Maggie said...

Pink,
Good Luck! I'm sure there are agents out there for both of us!