Sunday, May 25, 2008

Revisions



Currently Listening to: Regina Spektor
Currently Reading: Unpredictable
I'm worried about the pacing of my novel. Michelle Andelman told me it's too slow, and now I have to figure out how to add more action. Sigh.
I've already been changing some of the dream sequences. I'm replacing scenes that repeat with new info on Imogene's background. I'm feeling particularly positive about these. I just finished a dream sequence that reviews her wedding, and I'm very proud of the gothic feeling. She was married in an old dark church, at night, with no guests present.
I think I'm going to begin writing for a local website soon. They review independantly owned businesses around Cincinnati. I'll put a link up soon. I'm not going to be paid for it but it will be experience that I can add to my query letter. :)



No comments: