Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Making Pies

Currently Listening to: Patty Griffen "Making Pies"
Currently Reading: Nothing. I'm waiting for The Gallows Girl to get to my house. I had to order it on amazon.com b/c it's not available here in the US.

Well I finished Breaking Dawn. Don't worry, I won't post any spoilers...it was very good though. Exactly what I'd expect from Stephenie Meyer. I literally spent the past 3 days doing almost nothing but revising. I think with this new revision my book might end up being a lot longer than I initially planned. I suppose that's a good thing, b/c my first draft was only 50k words. The only break I took from revising was to start watching Dexter on dvd with R., my significant other. We were bored on Thursday and picked it up on a whim I had, but it is really, REALLY good. R. loves it too. He was surprised that I chose something he actually enjoyed. Sigh. I guess I've bombarded him with too many chick flicks :) in the past.

There's been a cool front in Cincy for almost a week now, and it's been amazing. I'm so ready for fall! I actually hate summer in general. There's too much sun and heat. I think I could happily live in Seattle (just for the rain). People look at me like I'm insane when I say I'm excited for snow.... Snow and ice always go together here and it often leads to horrible traffic. But who cares about the awful traffic when the landscape is so beautiful?

No comments: